Posted 24-Jun-2019, Closing
This is a fabulous opportunity for an enthusiastic person to become part of an active and growing family-owned business. Being a first point of contact in our showroom you will create a positive and friendly impression when greeting and working with our customers, to provide them with creative ideas and exceptional customer service.
This entry-level position would suit an individual who has recently graduated or left school. We are looking for someone who thrives on challenges and can use their initiative on a daily basis.
You will receive full training at our New Lynn branch to get you up to speed. Depending on the needs of our branches, once fully trained, you may need to assist at other Chesters locations around the country or possibly be permanently based at an Auckland Branch. Flexibility and the ability to travel is a must! Therefore, having your own transport and driver’s licence is essential.
You will need to be a people person who is customer driven, as well as someone who:
- Is well presented and enjoys face to face communication with customers
- Can think outside the square and loves going the extra mile
- Has an awesome attitude and work ethic
- Is a clear and confident communicator, both written and verbal – you must be a great listener!
- Has a positive and friendly manner
- Is a great team player
- Has enthusiasm and passion to learn and contribute to the on-going growth of our branches
- Has the ability to multi-task and juggle priorities as new things arise
When you join Chesters you get a great team environment, medical insurance and on-going personal development and support! You will have heaps of opportunity to have some fun and to get involved with various events that Chesters hosts for customers too. Come and be part of the Chesters team! Apply now or if you have any questions give Lara our HR Partner a call on 021 8777 20.
Posted 09-Sep-2019, Closing
Chesters Plumbing & Bathroom Centre is a family owned company started by Grant Chester in 1973, currently with 14 branches in the North Island and 1 in Dunedin. We have recently opened a branch in Manukau and are on the hunt for our newest member to be a part of this exciting growth and innovative team!
We sell plumbing & bathroom products to plumbers, gasfitters, drainlayers, builders & homeowners and as part of our Counter Sales team, you will reflect the Chesters brand by ensuring the smooth operation of the trade counter. Your industry experience will help you provide technical product support and fantastic service and support to our customers. What sets us apart is, we go the extra mile at all times!
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone who not only has previous plumbing and bathroom experience in a similar role, but also has the below:
- Experienced with trade/retail sales
- Practical with good common sense
- A customer focused person with a can-do attitude
- A good communicator
- Enthusiastic and hands on with a desire to contribute to the growth of our branch
- Can find their way around a computer and software
- A great team player who enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Has a clean Full NZ drivers’ licence and the ability to drive a manual
- Most importantly you will have a great sense of humour!
What’s in it for you?
Join a team who works hard but also has fun both in and out of the branch! When you join Chesters you get a great team with various events to get involved in, medical insurance and on-going personal development support!
So, if you are experienced in Counter Sales and looking for an exciting new challenge, then get in touch today! For more information phone Lara our HR Partner for a confidential chat on 021 8777 20 or apply now!
Posted 22-Oct-2019, Closing
Are you an experienced and energetic Delivery Driver?
You will enjoy being busy, ensuring our product is packed and delivered to customers efficiently and with a smile, so previous experience with deliveries and warehouse work is essential. Knowledge of the plumbing industry will also be an advantage!
To be successful in this role you will also need…
- A full Class 1 and 2 NZ Drivers’ Licence and be able to drive manual
- Excellent communication skills
- To be physically fit and able to lift heavy gear
- To be energetic and motivated to move quicklyEasy going with a good sense of humour and a can-do attitude
- An eye for detail and good memory recall
- To be honest and reliable
- Good geographical knowledge (BOP, Coromandel, Opotiki)
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8am-4:30pm.
Why consider Chesters?
If you enjoy fishing, rugby, hockey, or any sport including motorsport, then you will thrive within Chesters as we love having fun and giving back to our customers and community. When you join Chesters you get a great team with various events to get involved in, medical insurance and on-going personal development support!
Come and be part of the Chesters Plumbing and Bathroom team. Apply now or for more information, give our HR Partner a call on 09 299 2525 for a confidential chat.