Posted 31-Aug-2020, Closing
Chesters Plumbing & Bathroom Centre was established in 1973. We remain privately owned and operated with more than 40 years of experience. Our growth has been the result of excellent products backed by outstanding service and commitment to our customers and our people.
Do you want to come and be part of our journey? A rare and exciting opportunity is available to lead our Silverdale Branch. We are on the hunt for a motivated self-starter, ideally you will have knowledge and experience in the plumbing industry and be familiar with us and what we are all about.
This is a hands-on role, you will be working closely with the team, customers, suppliers, other branches and our community. You will be able to build and maintain strong relationships and have a proven track record of connections within the industry.
We are all about people, so some of our core requirements in our new Branch Manager will be:
- A down to earth leader, who leads by example
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure by going the extra mile
- A transparent collaborative communicator
- Can deliver outstanding customer service, exceeding customer and team expectations
- At least 3-5 years in a successful leadership, coaching and mentoring role working with a high performing team
- Trade Sales, showroom and warehouse/ inventory management experience is an advantage.
- Health and Safety focused
- Most importantly a great sense of humour to work with our fantastic team at Silverdale
If you strive for excellence and enjoy leading a team on this journey, then we would welcome your application. There are many benefits when you join the Chesters crew, this also includes an attractive remuneration offer for our ideal new Branch Manager.
Our HR Partner will be screening applications and will be working closely with our Operations Manager. Please do include a short covering letter and C.V. If you would like to know more about this position, please give Lara Hellier a ring on 021 8777 20.
Posted 15-Sep-2020, Closing
We are on the hunt for an energetic Warehouse Assistant to join our friendly and hard working team today.
Based in Silverdale, you will join the warehouse team to assist with inwards goods, despatch, organising stock, helping on the trade counter, relief delivery driving as and when required and unloading deliveries.
There will be plenty of variety in this role so you will need to have:
- Healthy and physically strong to be able to lift heavy gear
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- A can-do attitude
- The desire to learn new things
- The ability to work on your own and as part of a busy team
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the on-going growth of the branch
- A great sense of humour
- A full NZ Drivers’ Licence and must be able to drive manual vehicles
- Forklift licence would be an advantage
Hours of work are 7am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday with rostered Saturdays.
We enjoy building long term relationships with our customers, suppliers and staff and we want an individual who this comes naturally to. Come and be part of the Chesters Plumbing and Bathroom team. Apply now or for more information, give our HR Partner a call on 09 299 2525 for a confidential chat.
Posted 16-Sep-2020, Closing
We are looking for an experienced Showroom Consultant with a strong Project Management background who can create a positive and friendly impression when greeting and working with our customers.
Based in our Tauranga Showroom, we can guarantee you will be challenged and really love working with our awesome customers and selling our amazing range of bathroom products. You will use your previous sales experience to deliver excellent service to our customers. We will provide ongoing training and development so you can become super confident with our wide range of awesome products.
To be successful in this role, you will…
- Have minimum 3 years Plumbing/Bathroom Industry experience or similar
- Be a well-presented, people person, who loves going the extra mile for customers
- Have great organisational skills
- Have lots of energy and confidence
- Be a creative person with a good eye for detail
- Be a great team player with a good sense of humour!
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8:30am-5pm with rostered Saturdays.
Why consider Chesters?
When you join Chesters you get a great team, medical insurance and on-going personal development support! You will have heaps of opportunity to have some fun and to get involved with various events that Chesters host for customers. Come and be part of the Chesters team. For more information, give our HR Partner a call for a confidential chat on 09 299 2525.
Posted 18-Sep-2020, Closing
This is a fabulous opportunity for an enthusiastic customer focused Trainee to become part of an active and growing family-owned business today!
This entry-level position would suit an individual who has recently graduated or left school. We are looking for someone who thrives on challenges and can use their initiative on a daily basis. Being a first point of contact in our showroom you will create a positive and friendly impression when greeting and working with our customers.
You will receive full training at our New Lynn branch to get you up to speed. Depending on the needs of our branches, once fully trained, you may need to assist at other Chesters locations around the country or possibly be permanently based at an Auckland Branch. Flexibility and the ability to travel is a must! Therefore, having your own transport and driver’s licence is essential.
You will need to be a people person who is customer driven, as well as someone who:
- Is well presented and enjoys face to face communication with customers
- Can think outside the square and loves going the extra mile
- Has an awesome attitude and work ethic
- Is a clear and confident communicator, both written and verbal – you must be a great listener!
- Has a positive and friendly manner
- Has enthusiasm and passion to learn and contribute to the on-going growth of our branches
- Has the ability to multi-task and juggle priorities as new things arise
- Is fluent in Mandarin
When you join Chesters you get a great team environment, medical insurance and on-going personal development and support! You will have heaps of opportunity to have some fun and to get involved with various events that Chesters hosts for customers too. Come and be part of the Chesters team! Apply now or if you have any questions give Lara our HR Partner a call on 021 8777 20.