Posted 31-Oct-2019, Closing
Based at our Palmerston North branch you will be busy with our Inwards Goods and Trade Counter. Day to day includes lots of learning; receipting and stocking goods, helping with inventory, stock take, organising deliveries, processing sales, answering telephone enquiries and ensuring fabulous customer service. There will be plenty of variety to your day, so you’ll need to bring lots of enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and be well organised.
What are we looking for?
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Great communication skills and someone well presented
- A physically fit person that is able to lift heavy gear when required
- NZ Drivers Licence, the ability to drive manual is a must
- A good sense of humour
- Some retail or sales experience – customer and solution focused type role would give you an advantage but should not be seen as a prerequisite as full training will be given
Hours of work are 7.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday with rostered Saturdays.
Why consider Chesters?
If you enjoy fishing, rugby, hockey, or any sport including motorsport, then you will thrive within Chesters as we love having fun and giving back to our customers and community. When you join Chesters you get a great team with various events to get involved in, medical insurance and on-going personal development support!
Come and be part of the Chesters Plumbing and Bathroom team. Apply now or for more information, give our HR Partner a call on 09 299 2525 for a confidential chat.
Posted 14-Nov-2019, Closing
Are you customer focused and ready for a new challenge?
We are expanding our team at our Albany Branch and looking for an energetic person to join us! We’re after a people person, who is customer focussed and familiar with the plumbing and bathroom industry. You will use your previous sales and quoting experience to deliver exceptional service and provide the correct solutions and products to our customers.
Why consider Chesters?
When you join Chesters you get a great team, medical insurance and on-going personal development support! You will have heaps of opportunity to have some fun and to get involved with various events that Chesters host for customers.
To be successful in this role, you will be:
- Self-motivated, organised and driven
- A confident service focused individual
- A natural relationship builder with proven success with a wide range of customers
- An outstanding and effective communicator
- Able to juggle multiple jobs at the same time and meet customer deadlines
- Familiar with the Building Industry and Residential Plumbing sales an advantage.
- Adaptable and resourceful
- Fluent in Mandarin and confident with English, this will be a must
- A collaborative contributor
The role is based in our sales office at the Albany branch and the hours of work will be Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
This is a great opportunity if you are looking at progressing and enjoy following a project through to completion while building outstanding relationships with our customers. To find out more give our HR Team a ring on 021 8777 20 or apply now.