Posted 18-Jun-2019, Closing
When you join the New Plymouth team at Chesters Plumbing and Bathroom Centre, you join a hard-working team that offers a supportive work environment where you can thrive.
This Counter Sales role offers plenty of variety for the right person. You will need to be an energetic, hands-on people person that goes the extra mile. Being able to build relationships and provide customers with the correct product and solution is key!
To be successful in this role you need to have:
- Experience with trade or retail sales
- Previous Plumbing and Bathroom experience in a similar role (a bonus)
- Being able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Great organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Strong time management skills
- A positive, can do attitude
- A clean Full NZ Drivers Licence
When you work for Chesters Plumbing and Bathroom, you become part of a team that cares for its staff just as much as its customers. If you are ticking all the boxes, please apply online with your CV or for a confidential chat contact our recruitment team at People Passion, 09 299 2525.
Posted 24-Jun-2019, Closing
Chesters Plumbing and Bathroom are looking for an outgoing Showroom Trainee who can create an exceptional first impression when greeting and working with our customers. If providing creative concepts and outstanding service appeals to you, then a career in the Plumbing and Bathroom Industry might be the move you are looking for!
No experience is needed, as you will receive full training at our New Lynn branch to get you up to speed. Depending on the needs of our branches once you are fully trained, you may be required to assist at other Chesters locations or possibly be permanently based at an Auckland Branch.
Flexibility and the ability to travel is a must, therefore having your own transport and driver’s licence is essential. Most importantly you are a natural people person who is customer driven and willing to learn. You will also be someone who:
- Is well presented and enjoys face-to-face communication with customers
- Thinks outside the square and loves going the extra mile
- Has strong communication skills, both written and verbal - must be a great listener!
- Is well organised with good time keeping skills
- Has a fantastic telephone manner
- Is a great team player and loves working collaboratively
- Has enthusiasm and a genuine passion to grow individually, and contribute to the on-going growth of our branches
When you join Chesters, you get a great team environment, medical insurance and on-going personal development and support! You will have heaps of opportunities to have fun and get involved with various customer events that Chesters host.
What are you waiting for? Come and be part of the Chesters team! Apply now or if you have any questions give our HR Partner a call on 09 299 2525.
Posted 23-Jul-2019, Closing
Based at our Albany branch you will join the warehouse team and utilise your previous plumbing industry experience to assist with inwards goods and despatch. Heaps of variety to your day so you’ll need to bring lots of energy, be reliable and have an awesome attitude to learn.
Why consider Chesters?
If you enjoy fishing, rugby, hockey, or any sport including motorsport, then you will thrive within Chesters as we love having fun and giving back to our customers and community. When you join Chesters you get a great team with various events to get involved in, medical insurance and on-going personal development support!
What are we looking for?
- Someone eager to get stuck in with a good work ethic
- A great sense of humour and a ‘can do’ attitude
- A physically fit person who is able to lift heavy gear when required
- Attention to detail and numerical accuracy
- You must have at least a Restricted license and be able to drive manual vehicles
Hours of work 7:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday with rostered Saturdays.
We enjoy building long term relationships with our customers, suppliers and staff and we want an individual who this comes naturally to. Come and be part of the Chesters Plumbing and Bathroom team. Apply now or for more information, give our HR Partner a call for a confidential chat on 09 299 2525.
Posted 09-Sep-2019, Closing
Chesters Plumbing & Bathroom Centre is a family owned company started by Grant Chester in 1973, currently with 14 branches in the North Island and 1 in Dunedin. We have recently opened a branch in Manukau and are on the hunt for our newest member to be a part of this exciting growth and innovative team!
We sell plumbing & bathroom products to plumbers, gasfitters, drainlayers, builders & homeowners and as part of our Counter Sales team, you will reflect the Chesters brand by ensuring the smooth operation of the trade counter. Your industry experience will help you provide technical product support and fantastic service and support to our customers. What sets us apart is, we go the extra mile at all times!
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone who not only has previous plumbing and bathroom experience in a similar role, but also has the below:
- Experienced with trade/retail sales
- Practical with good common sense
- A customer focused person with a can-do attitude
- A good communicator
- Enthusiastic and hands on with a desire to contribute to the growth of our branch
- Can find their way around a computer and software
- A great team player who enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Has a clean Full NZ drivers’ licence and the ability to drive a manual
- Most importantly you will have a great sense of humour!
What’s in it for you?
Join a team who works hard but also has fun both in and out of the branch! When you join Chesters you get a great team with various events to get involved in, medical insurance and on-going personal development support!
So, if you are experienced in Counter Sales and looking for an exciting new challenge, then get in touch today! For more information phone Lara our HR Partner for a confidential chat on 021 8777 20 or apply now!